The Naked and the Read.

Whoever is most impertinent has the best chance.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City, NY, United States

Erstwhile journalist. Navy vet. Two-day Jeopardy champion. Sudden family man. Wayward opiner.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Christopher Hitchens wanted me to hold his willy! And other true stories!


Totally true. Now that the story is in print, I can tell it to the heavens. Excerpted:

“I must have a piss.” He surveyed the exiting crowd at the theater’s rear. Then he joined them, sending a shout in my direction. “Come on, then. You can hold it for me.”

“Okay,” I replied after a moment. “But my hands are on the cold side.”

“Ah! Well then, you can help me shake it.”

I was an innocent, bright-eyed journalism student out on assignment with Mr. Johnnie Walker Black-and-Iraq himself. He peed; we drank; I got kicked out of the Waverly Inn and crashed at his pad in Washington.

Get the why and how after the jump!

It was all for The New York Review of Magazines, the brainchild of a bunch of Columbia j-schoolers supervised by former Nation publisher/editor and nice old guy Victor Navasky. Other stories:
To close, here's an official message from my colleagues at the mag: "Link to us! Please! And give us jobs!"

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home